Machine Shop Manager - Cleveland, OH
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
POSITION: Machine Shop Manager
DEPARTMENT: Machine Shop
LOCATION: Cleveland, OH
REPORTING TO: Vice President of Metal Working Shops
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage shop personnel and the production schedule of work orders.
- Operate and run manual lathes, mills and other manual equipment to maintain order and overall schedule lead-times.
- Operate and run Haas CNC lathe as needed to maintain order and overall schedule lead-times.
- Inspect and measure parts per each manufacturing order throughout the manufacturing process.
- Work with General Manager and office Estimators/Customer Service Representatives in production and manufacturing control.
- Complete and supply quality inspection specification sheets for customers as required.
- Review the material, outside processing and labor costs for each completed order in comparison to the expected material, outside processing and labor costs in the quote for each order.
- Establish job requirements from customer supplied verbal communication, email, sketch, engineered drawing or sample part.
- Determine manufacturing tolerances required for each part that will be produced.
- Estimate the cost and lead time required of parts to be manufactured and quote the price and delivery time to the customer.
- Produce detailed Autodesk Inventor CAD drawings for production orders.
- Identify or 'reverse engineer' detailed specifications of power transmission components including bearings, bushings, shafts and other types of machine components.
- Create detailed manufacturing orders for shop production.
- Work with outside processing and material vendors.
- Establish and document quality inspection report for monthly review.
- Create purchase orders for materials, outside processing or shop supplies.
- Perform monthly safety meetings for all shop and office personnel.
- Attend open houses for maximum exposure of company/shop products and capabilities.
- Conduct customer sales calls to promote the shop or to identify/review a customer requirement.
- Troubleshoot quote, manufacturing order or other technical questions/issues to a successful resolution for the customer.
- Participate in the end of the year inventory count and review.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate Engineering Degree with a Mechanical Engineering focus, Machine Technology Degree or related experience and/or training
- 5 or more years of manual and CNC programming/operating experience along with work place experience in metrology tools; preferably in the machining/machine shop or manufacturing industry or related industries
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to use Autodesk Inventor, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Email and Internet
- Ability to use micrometers, calipers, gear measurement gauges, metrology devices, and manual and powered hand tools
- Excellent communicator with positive attitude and energy
- Customer service focused, energetic, forward-thinking and self-assured with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- Must be detail oriented, organized, self-starter, proactive, conscientious and possess the ability to work independently, efficiently and responsibly
- Self-directed and team player
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Full-time position, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan and Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
A major Industrial Distributor, with multiple locations. Looking for an individual with a strong work ethic.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 12:55:09 PDT