Program Coordinator, Interdisciplinary Studies (Part-time)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This part-time (20 hours/week) position will provide administrative support to the following three new programs at Azusa Pacific University: the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, Vocational Development Minor, and Exploring Program. This trio of programs seeks to help students learn about, explore, and discern vocation and calling and what that means for their education at APU and their desired career goals and pursuits.
- B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of administrative and support experience in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment, preferably in higher education
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Responsible for the daily administrative operations of the office; serve as confidential assistant and administrative support.
- Greet and receive students, staff, and faculty, answer department phones, correspond to department emails, and help address the preliminary program and department queries.
- Coordinate and schedule the calendar, meetings, appointments, interviews, class schedules, facility requests, department events, databases, and other departmental needs.
- Arrange meetings, including food and beverages, and IMT support and coordinate hospitality support for department events and meetings, including but not limited to Capstone Colloquiums, Students Orientations, Info Meetings, Speaker Series, Career Exploration Experiences, etc.
- Initiate and track all paperwork and forms including adjunct contracts, faculty loads and overloads, semester schedules, subsequent schedule changes, course materials, personnel files, and other department documents.
- Complete requests for the Registrar and One Stop offices such as course schedule submissions, subsequent changes, and graduation clearance paperwork.
- Create, maintain, and update general office files on current students, alumni records, and important program information for the various programs within the department.
- Provide department support for ordering course evaluations and desk copies of textbooks and other publications, assist faculty with training and support for the online University Bookstore requisition system, and track library requests and provide additional clerical support for the faculty and members of the department.
- Coordinate and review updates of the department website in collaboration with UR.
- Responsible for ordering/purchasing office supplies, technical equipment, and all other materials for department use. Track credit card expenses/reconciliations, reimbursements, and budget expenses for programs.
- Make travel and conference arrangements.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs. May occasionally work nights and weekends according to department events.
- Maintain the office in a professional manner including appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.