Web Business Analyst
Web Business Analyst
Job Number: 76601
Do you enjoy working in a challenging and creative work environment? Are you looking for an environment that values and recognizes your contributions and encourages you to shape your own career path? Do you like being surrounded by the best and brightest? If so, we are looking for a sophisticated and driven Web Business Analyst to join our team at Alumni Development Information Systems (ADIS) and help us solve high-value, complex business problems with IT technology. At Stanford you'll enjoy a better quality of life while taking pride in working for the greater good. Here your work really does make the world a better place. And you'll be a key member of two prominent university organizations: the Office of Development, arguably one of the most successful higher education fundraising organizations on record; and the Stanford Alumni Association, the largest alumni association in the country (if not the world). Position Summary Our ADAPT (Alumni and Development Applications Platform Transition) project is moving a legacy CRM/CMS database to a best of breed system which includes Salesforce, Oracle, Marketo, and others. In this role you will be part of a team to identify our new digital platform(s) and migrate 40 websites and other digital experiences. You will work closely with Alumni and Development business partners to understand their business processes, create user stories documentation and translate their business requirements to the technical team. You will work with other business analysts and developers to analyze business partners processes, workflows, and relationships to current and future systems solutions.. You will support the technical team as questions arise. You will conduct focus groups, conduct UX and usability research, and provide recommendations to ensure the websites and other digital products are functioning at an optimal level. You will provide ongoing support to business partners across a variety of systems from implementation to post production. This position reports directly to the BA Manager and our project leadership. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. CORE DUTIES*:
- Lead the elicitation and gathering of business and system requirements.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
- Collaborate with senior designers and content experts to continually organize, display, and build new website content in a manner most effective for web consumption.
- Document and analyze input/output requirements, and procedural flow between departments.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Manage, from a client business perspective, the requirements for related systems projects; ensure a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the organization.
- Lead and coordinate projects to assist business owners in evaluating the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assess the feasibility of creating or modifying systems to meet user requirements.
- Recommend and implement improvements related to the overall organization, usability, and effectiveness of web properties as they evolve over time.
- Collaborate with IT Services, University Communications, and Online Accessibility Program staff to ensure group's compliance with policies and standards around identity graphics, web content, and online accessibility using WCAG 2.0 AA as the model.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
- Manage external vendor or partner relationships.
- Deep understanding of content management strategies and systems (like Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, or Liferay) is essential
- Solid grasp of the WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standard, which the university has embraced as policy
- Experience with Web and Mobile interface standards is required
- Experience handling web performance and security is preferred
- Conceiving and deploying REST API's
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Must understand interfacing with social networks
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytic, monitoring and insight toolkits
- Competency in maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Competency in building strong partner relationships and delivering solutions to meet shared digital objectives
- Good business process thinking required
- Experience in a higher education or large non-profit is preferred
- Knowledge of open source approaches and communities a plus
- Constantly seated, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone, writing by hand, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Office of Development
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.