Field Product Support Technician Tier II
We are looking for candidates in the Oakland, CA area
The Field Product Support Technician will service, maintain, repair, adjust, test and install IPS Group Inc. equipment. IPS Group clients are located across the US. Travel may be required on a limited basis based on workload. Travel is typically scheduled during the work week although there may be instances where site visits are required during through the weekend. This is a customer facing position and requires strong communication and presentation skills along with a commitment to service excellence.
- Resolve open service issues
- Communicate with clients in troubleshooting open service issues and to provide technical support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues related to IPS Group Inc. designed and supported products.
- Install and configure new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.
- Advise/train customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or client specific configuration.
- Interact with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Travel to customer locations or offices to install IPS product and/or to provide emergency repair service as necessary.
- Complete and submit time cards and expense reports per the guidelines defined in the IPS Group spending policy and employee hand book.
- Maintain ticketing system regarding service issues and resolutions.
- Repair, adjust or replace electrical mechanism, components or parts.
- Analyze equipment performance records to assess equipment functioning.
- Escalate open issues to engineering.
- Ensure that all service issues are documented in the ticketing system.
- Ensure that open service tickets are attended to in a timely manner and keep the client up to date on the status of their particular open service issue.
- Train new technical support team members.
- Lead on-site teams for installs and on-site rework, as necessary.
- Document project summary and project completions in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with business professionals
- Ability to plan daily travel schedule
- Ability to execute and submit expense reports
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to use basic computer skills to perform diagnostic testing
- Available for stand-by and after-hours responsibility
- Available to travel for support of other territories
- Ability to continually learn new product service techniques
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior Field Support/Field Technician experience highly desirable
- Ability to perform basic math
- Prior mechanical or electronic assembly required
- H.S. Diploma Required
- AA degree or bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Physical Demands, Equipment and Machinery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential
Manipulation of hand tools and power tools to repair, adjust, install or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts. Must be able to see clearly. Must be able to bend, stoop, walk, stand, push and pull. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The work environment described here is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is performed in an uncontrolled environment subject to wind, rain, snow, ice and other inclement weather conditions. Occasionally work is performed in an indoor temperature controlled office.
Note: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this classification. Nothing in the job description restricts IPS Group, Inc. from the right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment as this is an "AT-Will" employer.
It is the policy of IPS Group, Inc. not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
An Equal Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V."
San Diego-based IPS Group, Inc. is a design, engineering and manufacturing company focused on low power wireless telecommunications and parking technologies. IPS manufactures locally and has been delivering world-class solutions to the telecommunications and parking industries for over 20 years. IPS is proud to manufacture in San Diego, CA. The company is best known for their patented credit card enabled, solar powered single-space parking meter and web-based management system.
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 16:44:44 PDT