Fashion Institute of Technology - Coordinator of Policy and Training
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Coordinator of Policy and Training.
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Compliance, the Coordinator of Policy and Training is responsible for managing the development, revision and implementation of policies, as well as the roll-out of compliance-related trainings.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop annual plan of policies for review/revision/development based on compliance needs, divisional needs, or other related requirements.
• Serve as project manager for policy reviews/revisions/development.
• Create policy research documentation to policy owners based on best practices.
• Work with policy owners/stakeholders in the development of policy proposals and policies.
• Work with policy owners in the implementation of policies, including development of communication/education plan, and other components required for policy implementation.
• Develop annual plan of compliance-related trainings for roll-out based on compliance needs, policy or other related requirements.
• Serve as project manager for compliance-related training roll-outs.
• Work with compliance training owners in reviewing/updating training content.
• Work with compliance training owners, human resources, and information technology in establishing and testing criteria for automatic training assignments, as well as reporting.
Bachelor's degree plus 3 or more years of job-related experience. Higher education experience preferred. Well-versed in policy development. Strong writing and communication skills. The candidate should also have strong organizational, analytical, and project-management abilities. Capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
Full-time non-bargaining position, salary dependent on experience
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter-Please include salary requirements
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.