Technology Training Specialist
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Technology Training Specialist
Posting #: 17-042
Campus: De Anza College
Number of Working Months: 12 Months
Starting Salary: $5,394.83 per month
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Duration: Full-Time
Starting Salary: $5,394.83 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade: C1-54
Full Salary Range: $5,394.83 - $7,220.73 (per month)
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
De Anza College Mission Statement:
De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
The De Anza College Academic Services & Learning Resources Division seeks an enthusiastic and highly collaborative individual to serve in the role of Technology Training Specialist. This position interacts with faculty, staff, and administrators across the campus in group and individual settings, collaborates closely with the Professional Development office and schedules and maintains the Faculty & Staff Computer Lab. The Technology Training Specialist also assists with campus-wide projects to support student success and equity in addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined in the position description.
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, locate, develop, and/or deliver available technology training resources, services, and activities to faculty, staff, and administrators. Identify ongoing technology needs in collaboration with campus constituencies and technical staff and develop programs and materials accordingly.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership in technology training through program planning, development and assessment.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver training sessions and workshops: assess programs and workshops for effectiveness
- Work closely with faculty, staff and administrators to research, develop, coordinate, implement and/or develop new technology training programs.
- Advise and consult with college and district personnel on technical and training issues in order to design and deliver technology training.
- Identify, recruit, and coordinate subject matter experts, staff and industry experts engaged in developing and delivering technology training through various modalities including asynchronous learning, web conferencing, and onsite training.
- Develop, evaluate and update training materials on a regular basis as appropriate to meet changing technology and user needs.
- Evaluate and recommend software and web-based applications for use by faculty and staff.
- Promote program, workshops, and services to faculty, staff and administrators.
- Work with appropriate staff to maintain accurate records on program development, consulting services, costs, participation records, and promotion of training opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Technologies such as office software, multimedia applications, content management systems, instructional technology tools, and district systems.
- Extensive understanding of current operating systems, desktop productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and cross platform issues of application software.
- Adult learning theory and assessment methods.
- Instructional design and/or technology training development.
- Engagement and success relevant to community college student populations.
- Universal design (accessibility) concepts with regard to the use and application of technology
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Evaluate, design and produce clear training materials, websites, multimedia, and online documentation.
- Organize and manage development and delivery of training.
- Express course material and educational goals through the imaginative application of technology.
- Coordinate and assign work to technical and clerical staff.
- Communicate in writing and orally to individuals and/or groups of diverse backgrounds including students, staff, and community.
- Work in a changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Work in a distributed team structure.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in instructional design or related field AND two (2) years experience in program development and implementation AND experience using training technology for instruction with design and development of training materials in a variety of delivery modes, preferably in and educational environment.
- Office environment.
- Classroom teaching.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, testing equipment and power tools.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, 12-months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022