Financial Analyst 1
Financial Analyst 1
Job Number: 76615
Stanford University is seeking a Financial Analyst 1 to perform moderately complex finance functions and/or activities related to budgeting and forecasting requiring specific knowledge, skills, and broad application of policies, precedents, and systems within context of internal policies and external regulations.
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Contribute to development of budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Resolve issues within immediate work unit; Perform preliminary analysis, recognize exceptions and recommend solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes.
- Resolve issues within immediate work unit; Perform preliminary analysis, recognize exceptions and recommend solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes. Ensure works complies with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.
- Participate as a member of a project team and contribute to change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.
- Serve as a first line resource to client groups on matters in work unit.
- Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back-up to other functions.
- May supervise the day-to-day activities and provide on the job coaching and training to other staff, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- User knowledge and demonstrated experience of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Understanding and ability to apply basic accounting skills and concepts.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Basic project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.