Product Designer Mechanical Engineer
Product Designer /Mechanical Engineer
Dado lighting, Countryside IL
New Products are the lifeblood of a company, come join us as we expand and be on the leading edge of architectural lighting. We have immediate need for all levels of product designers and mechanical engineers Requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of experience. Experience with extrusions a plus. Optical and thermal experience is a plus, but will train as required. Firm knowledge of Solidworks. We have a KISS design philosophy that shows up in our product details and ease of installation.
95% of your time will be spent on new Product development, 5% supporting Custom and Made to order products (autocad, shop drawings, additional components). In current products lines, 80% of parts are extrusions, with sheet metal and CNC making up the reminder. Work directly with the owner (an architect)- cut out all those layers of management that drive you nuts in your current position. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from initial brainstorming to launch. You'll be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas.
Competitive Pay, benefits, performance based bonuses.
Please only apply if: Currently living in Chicagoland area
- Countryside, IL
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Design: 3 to 5 years
- Solidworks: 2 year min
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, Autocad or equal, Microsoft Excel.
It is important that the applicant possesses the following virtues:
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Proactive self-starter, able to work with limited supervision.
- A hands on approach to the job, roll up the sleeves attitude.
- Must be a team player; able to work with people from the "corner office" to the shop floor.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated tenacity for identifying opportunities for improvements and developing the best solutions.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; can set priorities and meet deadlines.
- An eye for ergonomics and end user experience.
Understand Lean manufacturing.
Maintain organization of CAD file system.
Assist Purchasing with sourcing of materials.
Interact proactively and positively with clients and suppliers
Understand and apply dimensional tolerancing
Ability to understand and apply sound detailing practices.
Good understanding of design for manufacturability (mechanical assembly).
Some travel - lighting shows and vendors
Recruiters: Please do not contact
La Grange, IL
Mon, 9 Oct 2017 00:19:59 PDT