Facility Operations & Maintenance Manager
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a Facility Operations & Maintenance Manager who will coordinate assigned Facility Operations and Maintenance activities and supervise skilled, semi- skilled, and janitorial staff engaged in the operations and maintenance of assigned facilities. Responsibilities include manages, administers, monitors, and maintains computerized building automation systems and computerized maintenance management systems, service requests work order systems, inspecting facilities/equipment and prioritizing and assigning tasks; implementing and managing preventative maintenance programs; selecting and monitoring the work of contractors; purchasing supplies and equipment; and monitoring related expenses. Incumbents supervise staff by assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, approving time off, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion and termination, managing the operations and maintenance of the buildings and grounds of the college, and related systems.
Associate’s degree in a field related to facilities operations and maintenance and 10 years experience in facilities operations & maintenance, or a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to facilities operations and maintenance and at least 6 years of experience in facilities operations and maintenance.
Associate Degree / Bachelor Degree in Facility Management, Construction Management Business Administration or Engineering.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Supervisory principles.
• Applicable system maintenance, repair and installation principles and methods.
• Equipment operating and maintenance techniques.
• Facility management systems for service requests and work orders.
• Facility management systems for preventative maintenance.
• Building management control systems for HVAC, lighting, security, and door access;
• Contract work principles.
• Record-keeping principles.
• Inventory principles.
• Safety procedures.
• Basic budgeting principles.
• Related Certifications
• Related Licensure
• Participation with related professional organizations