Bellman/Transportation Assistant (Part-time)
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Bellman/Transportation Assistant, under general supervision, greets guests at the front door of the Manor House and fulfills hospitality requirements of all visitors during Graylyn operating hours. This position also provides service and assistance for all Estate guests.
- Provides general information to guests throughout their stay regarding room assignments, maintenance issues, food service, and transportation issues for guests, while greeting guests at the Front Door of the Manor House.
- Provides tours of property to share the history of the estate with guests.
- Assists with transportation for Graylyn guests.
- Maintains fuel levels for fleet vehicles, and completes weekly fleet inspection report.
- Maintains highest level of guest relations.
- Communicates with guests and staff via phone, radio, and face-to-face contact.
- Understands Graylyn property layout and has a base knowledge of the history.
- Assists guests with luggage and other personal items.
- Tracks airline changes, with regard to arrival and departure information, and confirms flight schedules.
- Completes tickets for billing purposes.
- Arranges reservations, tee times, and appointments for guests.
- Delivers requested items to guest rooms (i.e. gift baskets).
- Provides guests with directions on/off property.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School graduate and/or one year related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with guests and staff via phone, radio, and face-to-face contact.
- Knowledge of Graylyn history and guest room features (training available).
- Knowledge of Winston-Salem city roads, directions, and surrounding areas.
- Ability to operate Fidelio software program (training available).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Hospitality experience.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States