Linux Systems Administrator
This Information Technology position supports the DISA Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) Mechanicsburg PA location to install, test, operate, and maintain current and future mission critical customer services for PKI on the NIPRNET and SIPRNET Networks, for a MAC 1 application.
This position focuses on Linux as well as Windows Systems Administration. Specifically the successful application will serve as the system administrators for PKI servers located at DECC Mechanicsburg to include Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 and Windows servers for Host Based Security System (HBSS).
• This position will require a schedule that will allow for onsite support from 8-5 (some flexibility to this time such as 7:30-4:30) as well as weekend on call rotations.
• This position is part of a team that provides 24x5 weekday support and as required on-call support to meet continuous mission demand. This position shall be part of a shift that maintains two person control of a server room for all room access to include after-hours support.
• Linux System Administration (primary) and Windows System Administration (secondary)
• Utilize Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) to implement security measures.
• Following security procedures and policies as handed down by Federal Information Security Management Act.
• Utilize Sitescope and Nagios to monitor servers
• Utilize Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), TCP/IP, Sitescope.
• Able to perform script writing, issuing commands in Linux, using SQL statements.
• Utilizing Remedy
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot servers within the Public Key Infrastructure.
• Conduct daily checks of server logs and backup reports
• Install patches, updates, and hardware upgrades necessary to improve the health of the servers
• Collect data and analyze log entries to assist engineers and product developers with bug fixes and new product design and integrations
• Receive, troubleshoot, track and update customer issues
• Assist the information system security officer in conducting internal compliance checks and coordination of scans for new equipment
• Maintain change logs, server documentation, and administrator accounts.
• Serve as the Security custodian for system root passwords to maintain control of system administration root passwords and controls
• Conduct daily and weekly system backup procedures and regular backup of audit logs.
• Design rack layouts, labels, and track all servers within the enclave
• Serve as the primary point of contact for new server equipment and replacement equipment
• Make recommendations on the performance improvement, resource use, security, and efficiency of all mid-tier and server-based systems
• Knowledge of IP networks (iOS), routers, switches, firewalls, proxy appliances, Voice over Internet Protocol, software systems (IIS, back-up, SQL, update services, web services, BIND), operating systems (e.g., UNIX, LINUX, XP, VISTA, Windows server, Active Directory, Exchange), and type I encryption.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills utilized in supporting non-technical and technical customers, varying levels of management, and peers on other teams
• A+ or Network + certification or Security + or higher 8570 certification or the ability to get an A+, Network +, or Security + certification within 6 months after date of hire
• Active Secret Security clearance or Inactive Security Clearance falling with two year window from debrief from last usage of clearance. This position will lead to a higher level clearance.
• Proficient in project management methodologies, and thoroughly familiar with the organization, operations, and customer base of DISA.
• A minimum of 2 years experience as a systems administrator
• Knowledge of Security software, policies and compliance within a DOD arena
• Prior experience supporting the US Military bringing knowledge of military protocols
• Ability to travel to other facilities on occasion
• During moves, employees will be required to lift up to 40lbs to move equipment. Equipment movement will use dollies and carts to move computers and peripherals
• While troubleshooting issues or installing equipment, employees may have to crawl in small spaces or under desks
• 10% of time may be required to travel for training or customer support.
Are you available to be trained for one week from 8-5 and then transfer to the 2nd shift working 12-9?
Do you hold an active secret clearance?
Have you held a clearance in the past? If so how long ago and what level?
Do you hold an active 8570 certification (A+, Network + or Security +)? If so what is the comptia certification number?
How many years of experience do you have as Linux Systems Administrator?
How many years of experience do you have as a Windows Systems Administrator?
Do you have any experience with Host Based Security System?
Do you have any experience with supporting Public Key Infrastructure?
Which of the following Operating systems do you have experience with? Please list from the following operating systems UNIX, LINUX, XP, VISTA, Windows server, Active Directory, Exchange
Which of the following Software systems do you have experience with: IIS, back-up, SQL, update services, web services, and BIND
Do you have experience with Sitescope and Nagios to monitor servers
Do you have experience with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), TCP/IP, Sitescope.
What are your salary requirements? Please do not list negotiable.
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 13:27:44 PDT