Customer Services Assistant
Job ID: 4913 - SATSS - PT - 28 hours (Hourly)
Perform a variety of clerical, administrative, and customer service duties related to supporting the operations of a retail or hospitality unit
- Serve as a customer liaison and answer questions concerning policies, procedures, and services provided; resolve customer complaints/problems and refer when appropriate.
- Perform financial operations; deposit funds and maintain records of transactions. Process a variety of financial forms and documents and obtain any needed information.
- Receive and process customers' orders.
- Assist with the operation of retail or hospitality activities; assist with maintaining and/or rotating stock.
- Maintain files and records; pulls and refiles records as needed; adds any new information.
- May perform a variety of clerical tasks including maintaining an inventory of office supplies, data processing, opening and sorting mail, assisting with bulk mailings, and delivering financial material to another office.
- Typical office environment. May require some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with unpleasant physical situations.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and one year of retail or hospitality experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.