Food Service Assistant
Job ID: 4912 - AFSCME - FT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of tasks related to assisting in the preparation and serving of meals for University students and guests
- Prepares kitchen and dining area which may include setting up grill, changing oil, stocking kitchen, setting up salad bar and the condiment or beverage areas, dessert stations, brews beverages.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work, especially in kitchen and dining areas which may include sweeping and scrubbing, cleaning tables, countertops, and machines or washing dishes and utensils. Ensures safety of food and food contact surfaces while maintaining sanitation standards. Observes strict safety rules.
- Prepares food for cooking which may include cleaning and peeling potatoes, cutting salad bar items, wrapping food, or preparing sandwiches.
- May stock serving line and/or serve food; monitors condition of items in both unrefrigerated and refrigerated settings such as salad bars; may operate cash register.
- Reads and interprets recipes to mix, prepare and assemble salads, desserts, dressings and special Menu items; cooks pasta, potatoes, eggs, stir-fry food, makes sandwiches. May include the use of deep fat fryers, grills, steamers and/or ovens and other kitchen equipment; records temperature, monitors and records amounts prepared/amounts left over.
- Maintains all food items at proper temperatures as instructed
- Responds to client requests for service, special diets, as well as other information in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assists in providing guidance to other employees in the performance of their duties; coordinates efficient work flow and instructs in the proper use of equipment and utensils.
Requires a high school diploma or GED. No experience required.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.