Director of Healthcare Recruitment
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: DHCR
- Job Type: Full Time
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, some weekends and evenings required. Travel in New England area
- Position Location: Springfield
Bay Path University is seeking a passionate sales professional with healthcare experience as the Director of Healthcare Recruitment for The American Women's College. This role is expected to partner with the leaders of regional healthcare organizations for the recruitment of qualified students into healthcare degrees, including but not limited to the RN-BSN program, Health Services Administration, and Community Health.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated, goal driven, results-oriented professional with a record of success and growth in a sales environment and a passion for our women's mission and commitment to student success. In addition, we are seeking someone with great marketing and sales skills, persistence, a positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to be persuasive. This position requires travel to facilities primarily in Massachusetts and Connecticut, but territory may extend throughout New England.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, plans and executes comprehensive strategies to enroll a goal of 120-150 new adult students into the RN-BSN and other healthcare degrees for The American Women's College.
- Visits and calls on Chief Nursing Officers of hospitals and other healthcare organizations to develop partnerships and relationships that allow for recruitment of students.
- Organizes and delivers frequent on-site recruiting events which targets diverse populations of prospective students.
- Effectively and efficiently manages recruitment territory and professional network to maximize recruitment activity with creative, energetic leadership.
- Educates prospective students on the academic programs and admissions requirements for The American Women's College in a fashion that leads to high conversion rates into degree programs at the institution.
- Utilizes technology such as Salesforce, Live Chat and social media tools to further healthcare partnerships and recruitment efforts.
- Recommends program changes or additions when appropriate aimed towards enrollment growth.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Completes any other assignments as directed by the University.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years outside sales experience, preferably with healthcare organizations.
- Experience covering an expansive geographic territory.
- Regular travel outside the office with very minimal overnight travel.
- Experience in healthcare or hospital environment.
- Experience in developing new accounts and building robust professional networks.
- Career record of success and continuous sales growth preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Energetic, self-motivated, decisive and results oriented; accepts responsibility; possesses a sense of humor and perspective.
- Commitment to highest standards of professionalism, integrity, excellence and honesty.
- Excellent management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient using technology.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.). and sexual offender records check (S.O.R.I.).
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.