Campus Safety Officer
Wells College, located in Aurora, New York, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Full-time Campus Safety Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
Patrol College properties and facilities utilizing foot, motor, and bike patrol, including, but not limited to:
- all on and off campus buildings,
- check security lighting,
- unlocking and locking buildings as needed,
- recording any possible safety hazard or mechanical problems.
- Respond to service calls including: answering portable phone, assist with medical emergencies, escorts on and off campus, lock outs, alarms, unusual activities, traffic control, greeting visitors.
- Enforce parking regulations and issue tickets as needed.
- Assist supervisor with conducting fire drills and safety programs.
- Supervise student employees.
- Complete security/incident reports.
- General clerical duties, including: opening mail, filing, copying, faxing.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Educational and Other Requirements: Associates Degree in Criminal Justice and/or equivalent experience in law enforcement or campus safety required; current NYS Security Guard License required; First Aid and CPR certification or the ability to obtain these certifications required; Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license with no current moving violations and/or convictions; Ability and flexibility to work all (3) shifts (6:30 am – 2:30 pm, 2:30 pm- 10:30-pm, and 10:30pm – 6:30 am), and the ability to work weekends, holidays, special events.
Wells College is a four-year, liberal arts and sciences, residential college located in the Finger Lakes region of central New York. The College has a full-time enrollment of approximately 500 students and attracts students from throughout the United States and internationally. Founded as a women's college, Wells College first admitted male students in 2005. At present, men represent a third of the student body. Wells College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all persons. The College seeks to promote diversity in all of its hires; members of under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a single PDF containing a cover letter; résumé; and names, titles, and contact information for three references via the College’s website www.wells.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.