Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Student Success
This position is the Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Student Success (VCSS) and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success .The position reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Student Success and works closely with all departments that are overseen by the VCSS. The position has a broad range of responsibility and must exercise sound judgment in decision-making, have an ability to establish priorities in completing work assignments, exercise confidentiality, be capable of functioning at a high level of performance with a minimum of supervision, and possess a broad and deep understanding of the university and its culture.
- Manage and coordinate the internal functioning of the VCSS office and serve as a representative for the VCSS.
- Manage the timeline for the goals and objectives of the VCSS office
- Supervise student personnel in the VCSS office.
- Provide executive level staff support for the VCSS and the Associate VCSS, including the research necessary for the development of new and or revised policies.
- Compiled data.
- Assist in the administration of various programs and serve as the primary point of contact for the VCSS with faculty, staff, and students, the CU broader higher education community, and the community at large.
- Interpret policies, directives, schools, and regulations to address issues raised by students, staff, and faculty. Provide background briefing for the VCSS in relation to these issues.
- Monitor and support activities of the student success department's personnel activities including hiring, evaluations, job reassessments, and terminations.
- Manage and coordinate the assigned sections of the UCCS Bulletin.
- Serve as liaison to those reporting to the VCSS.
- Informs directors who report directly to the VCSS about fiscal rules, policies, and deadlines.
- Coordinate fall and spring commencement exercises with the Chancellors office.
- Answer emails and help students through the process of problem solving in regard to grades, professor issues, financial aid and appeals.
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform a wide range of administrative, technical and budgetary responsibilities associated with this position
- Ability to work collaboratively within a shared governance community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Highly organized and independent worker with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize duties and assignments.
- Ability to make various accurate computations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage complex issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer applications, including Microsoft Office, and other commonly used software programs applicable to business operations.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $53,000 to $58,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- This person must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college, or at least five years of progressively responsible administrator support experience. Three years experience must include expertise at a CU campus or a comparable university or college.
- Experience with: Pcard, PeopleSoft, PowerPoint, Outlook, extensive experience in a University of Colorado campus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by October 24, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40124 - StudentSuccess AdminOperations
Posting Date: Oct 9, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 24, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ralph Giese
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00400023