Visiting Outreach Coordinator - European Union Center (A1700632)
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
European Union Center
Visiting Outreach Coordinator
12 month 100% Position
Develop, implement, and assess the outreach programs and public events for the European Union Center (EUC). The EUC is a US Department of Education Title VI National Resource Center and a Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, which provides programs for diverse constituents, including University of Illinois faculty and students, K-16 educators and students, the business community, media, government officials, and the general public. Position may become permanent at a later date.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initiate new programs and events for EUC's internal and external constituencies, and participate in long-range planning and goal-setting activities for the Center.
• Develop and organize outreach and curriculum development programs for K-16 educators and students.
• Assist the Associate Director with budgeting, proposals and reporting to funding agencies, and other administrative tasks of the Center.
• Serve as the EUC's Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship Coordinator/Advisor.
• Represent the European Union Center and the Associate Director to external and internal constituencies as required.
• Assist with program management for all EUC academic degree programs and curriculum, as needed.
• Collaborate with other area studies personnel and faculty to design, coordinate, staff, and implement joint outreach activities.
• Assist with ongoing outreach programming evaluation, as needed.
• Manage EUC's outreach programs and projects under the direction of the Associate Director, with primary responsibility for logistical planning, coordinating speakers, conferences, workshops and public events.
• Manage EUC's communication channels, including listservs, electronic newsletters, websites and social media, primarily targeted to constituencies and partners at the campus, local, national, and international levels.
• Provide direct supervision of graduate student assistants, interns, and other support staff, under the direction of the Associate Director, with primary responsibility for outreach and office operations.
• Participate in professional organizations, conferences to represent the EUC as well as deliver presentations.
The position reports directly to the Associate Director who reports to the Director who reports to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
• Master's degree in humanities, social sciences, or related discipline.
• Two years of work experience in higher education or K-12 teaching or program development.
• Strong communication skills and public speaking experience.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and website management.
• Strong professional social media experience.
• Proven organizational talents, with attention to detail required to organize high-profile events.
• Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and work independently with minimum guidance and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Abilities:
• Work experience in higher education or K-12 teaching or program development, with an emphasis on European studies.
• International work, living or study experience.
• Student advising experience at the college level.
• Proficiency in one or two European languages in addition to English.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Starting Date: As soon as possible after the close date.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references by 10/30/2017. Applicants are encouraged to specifically relate their backgrounds and experience to the requirements of the position as outlined above.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
507 E. Green St, Suite 404, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illinois Internation Programs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Outreach Coordinator - European Union Center (A1700632)
Open Date: 10/09/2017
Close Date: 10/30/2017
Organization Name: European Union Center