Research Computing Analyst
What your key responsibilities will be:
This position will play a central role in efforts to engage with researchers at the University of Colorado to consult and assist with needs related to various technical data and high performance computing
(HPC) issues. Specifically, this position will be focused on two similar but distinct efforts. First, this role will work with researchers to develop repeatable and generalizable workflows with a focus on data management, analytics, visualization, and dissemination. Candidates for this position will beexpected to both understand the best tools available to assist the researcher's needs as well as to actively engage with researchers and campus entities on how to integrate these tools into a larger. campus-wide infrastructure.
services to be created based on researcher needs.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is competitive and market-based, and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline.
- 4-5 years of experience working as a scientific researcher managing science data
- Experience in assisting users with scientific data issues
- 4 years of teaching or training experience
- Knowledge in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, C, C++, Fortran, Matlab
What you will need:
- Ability to work well with people with a variety of skill levels
- Ability to plan and coordinate services to the user community as well as training on computational or data science related topics.
- Must have exceptionally strong communication skills, and work well with other scientists/researchers in intensive face-to-face and remote collaborations.
- In depth knowledge of data workflows and informatics to explore and analyze large scientific
- data sets;
- Strong desire to educate academic researchers on how to use these tools, which includes a strong service background.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux Environment.
- Master's or PhD from an accredited institution in a scientific discpline
- Understanding of research workflows
- Experience supporting users in a national center
- Post-graduate experience using scientific computing and data analytics techniques in an academic or similar environment
- Advanced knowledge of R
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline. • 4-5 years of experience working as a scientific researcher managing science data • Experience in assisting users with scientific data issues • 4 years of teaching or training experience • Knowledge in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, C, C++, Fortran, Matlab
- Master's or PhD from an accredited institution in a scientific discpline - Understanding of research workflows - Experience supporting users in a national center - Post-graduate experience using scientific computing and data analytics techniques in an academic or similar environment - Advanced knowledge of R
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 13, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-Position Number.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Oct 9, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 13, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00736747