Administrative Assistant, Becker CPA Review Program [Temporary/Per-Diem]
Posting Date October 9, 2017
Position Title Administrative Assistant, Becker CPA Review Program [Temporary/Per-Diem]
Vacancy # TEMP#100917
Department Academic Affairs
Program Feliciano School of Business
Division Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Director of the Becker CPA Review Program, The Administrative Assistant provides the support to manage all program processes and reporting. All Accounting majors participate in the Becker CPA review course program which provides students access to a discounted CPA review course upon graduation for the CPA exam. The Administrative Assistant will monitor all aspects of this process.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive support of the Becker CPA review course prepayment process
- Works closely with the Becker Review Course representative
- Works closely with Montclair State University's Student Accounts Department
- Follow up and obtain scholarship opportunities
- Organize and coordinate meetings with Becker representative and graduating student body for information sessions
- Keeps log of all Becker activity and updates the progress of each student's file daily
- Review Becker invoices with student registrations to assure the correct students and amounts are billed
- Pay invoice in a timely manner
- Prepare and process check requests
- Be point of contact with students regarding Becker and answer questions
- Prepares a Becker Prepayment Analysis for student
- Works as liaison with university's Student Accounts to verify and have approved the Prepayment Analysis
- Provides student with reviewed analysis and their next action step
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree required in Business
- Strong Communications skills
- Proficient in database management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to work with students, staff and outside business contacts.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION