Food Service Supervisor - Corner Store
Food Service Supervisor - Corner Store
Food Service Supervisor
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours will vary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our future plans include a farm on campus to provide as many sustainable options as possible. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
To learn more about working in Dining, watch this 93 second video: http://www.dining.unt.edu/ourstory
The Food Service Worker II position is located in the UNT Retail Dining Corner Store.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Following all in house and national brand policies, procedures, and specifications required for brand compliance as per Dining Service and UNT Policy.
* Offer "Great Food and Great Service" to all guest that dine with us. Each guest should be greeted with a smile and quick friendly service.
* Provide exceptional guest service.
* Follow and adhere to all training practices.
Food preparation and layout design
* Slicing, dicing, chopping, blending, mixing, cutting preparing, cooking, baking, and following all recipes.
* Set up and break down of food service line.
* Hand washing, well-groomed and in complete neat and clean uniform.
* Maintains a clean and organized area of operation, (FIFO) food rotation, (HACCP) temping and recording food on temp log, food quality, and food safety action if needed.
* Take the lead in absent of supervisor.
* Follow all policies, procedures and specifications per assigned food concept. Student training, and inventory.
* Support, enforce and practice UNT policies, procedures and mission statement..
Duties are performed under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of experience in institutional or commercial food preparation, including one year of supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, or training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions; ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Ability to work from written menus, standard recipes and oral instructions.
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: checking orders for quantity).
* Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale.
* Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and knowledge of necessary precautionary measures.
* Knowledge of food values and menu planning.
* Ability to train personnel in the care and use of equipment and in standard practices and methods used in large-scale food service.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Required: Must be Food Safe Certified or able to obtain certification within 6 months. Ability to obtain a Health Certificate as issued by the Denton City-County Health Department.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Great work ethics
* Outgoing personality
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new UNT Union Retail Dining operations
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting