Environmental Leadership Center Administrative Coordinator - Institutional Student Worker - (Fall
Environmental Leadership Center Administrative Coordinator - Institutional Student Worker - (Fall 2017)
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 10/23/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Environmental Leadership Center Administrative Coordinator. The Environmental Leadership Center (ELC) supports service, research and teaching activities that promote leadership and stewardship in preserving and enhancing the environment. The GIS Technical Assistant for the ELC: Ecological Protection Lab will assist with the creation of a geodatabase coordinated with National Hemlock inventory, create maps and shapefiles, and develop spatial analysis applications that will direct and prioritize future lab activities. This is a part-time temporary position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Environmental Leadership Center Administrative Coordinator will:
- Create and manage a geospatial database of the predatory beetle program since it's inception.Update Georgia's data to the National Hemlock Inventory
- Develop maps and shapefiles that help to explain the efforts of the EPL's predator beetle program to a general audience.
- Build Spatial Analysis capacity to prioritize future beetle release locations, tree canopy assessments, field insectary sites, food collection sites, and possible citizen science projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Applicants must have completed at least one course in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Applicants should have relevant training and knowledge in ecology and forest ecosystems.
- Applicants should have experience in project development and completion including a portfolio of such work.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Experience in GIS applications in natural resource assessment.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.