Campus Sustainability Assessment Assistant - Environmental Leadership Center - Federal Work Study (
Campus Sustainability Assessment Assistant - Environmental Leadership Center - Federal Work Study (Fall 2017)
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 10/27/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Campus Sustainability Assessment Assistant in the Environmental Leadership Center. The Campus Sustainability Assessment Assistant will compile information about UNG campuses for the AASHE STARS (sustainability tracking assessment and rating system) system. This data will be used in the creation of UNG's first sustainability plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The student will:
- Work with all ELC staff, students, and across departments to gather data for the STARS assessment.
- Compile into databases, powerpoints, online resources that increases access and understanding of these resources.
- Help to spread information about faculty, student projects that focus on sustainability.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Some experience with excel databases, survey design, website development or other communication tools desired.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, FWS Award Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references along with a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package for the semester.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.