Chemistry/Biochemistry Lab Assistant/Tutor for Chemistry 3442 lab - Institutional Student Worker -
Chemistry/Biochemistry Lab Assistant/Tutor for Chemistry 3442 lab - Institutional Student Worker - Fall 2017 (Gainesville)
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Chemistry/Biochemistry Lab Assistant/Tutor for Chemistry 3442 Lab. The Laboratory Assistant in the Chemistry 3442 lab will report directly to the instructor in charge of the course.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Lab Assistant/Tutor will:
- Prepare in advance for the laboratory period
- Assist students in the performance of their experiments
- Assist professor with laboratory set up and clean up
- Promote safety in the laboratory
- Assist in the preparation and set-up of upcoming experiments
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Successful completion of the Chemistry 3441 & 3442 lecture and lab is required
- Preference will be given to chemistry majors and students with prior experience as a laboratory assistant
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.