Position Number: 53073175
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 10/21/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Transportation Supervisor. The Transportation Supervisor oversees daily campus shuttle operations for all UNG campuses, including vehicle maintenance, staff scheduling and supervision. Responsible for all aspects of rental fleet including booking, maintenance, insurance, fuel, mileage, and reporting. Assists Parking & Transportation Manager as needed and assumes responsibilities of Parking & Transportation Manager during their absence.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Transportation Supervisor will:
- Plan, staff, and direct the operations of the shuttle service (both on & off campus routes) for all UNG campuses and the rental fleet. Ensures safe & efficient shuttle service & meet the needs of the campus community. Troubleshoots and resolves service issues that arise and re-route delayed shuttles. Accident/stranded vehicle point of contact. Coordinate with Risk Management, DOAS Insurance, and UNG asset manager
- Coordinate and schedules the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of the shuttles and rental fleet vehicles; tracks & reviews vehicle fuel & mileage. Assist with determining when vehicles need replacement
- Operate and maintains network shuttle tracking system and shuttle camera system, updates shuttle maps, signs, and lots as needed. Responsible for communicating Transportation advisories to campus (notice board, emails, calls, etc.). Responsible for updating website content.
- Assist Parking & Transportation Manager with creating & modifying procedures, forms, etc. and assumes responsibilities of Manager in their absence. Assist with special events and serving as field supervisor
- Act as first point of contact within the department for students, parents, faculty, and staff by providing assistance and necessary information
- Provide training and guidance to staff, coordinates staff schedule. Ensures all drivers are state certified to drive shuttles and rental vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of traffic rules and regulations.
- Great planning, organizational, & multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent customer Service oriented with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong supervisory skills, Adheres to strong code of ethics.
- Keen problem solving skills and desire to accommodate the needs of the campus.
- Uphold laws, rules and regulations of the University system.
- Exercise initiative.
- Ability to prioritize demanding and changing work load.
- Ability to handle high stress situations
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Three (3) years of related experience, preferably in a university setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.