Research Assistant - UNG Summer Innovation Research Project - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 20
Research Assistant - UNG Summer Innovation Research Project - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2017)
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 11/02/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Research Assistant. This position is a research position for a UNG Summer Innovation Research Project - Lake Lanier Watershed Management Decision Support System Development with Geospatial Technology. Dr. Panda has developed preliminary data set and built ancillary models to be used by students to complete this high-end skilled research job. They will apply advanced geospatial technology for ArcHydro modeling, RUSLE model development, water quality model development with respect to land cover, soil, and topography, and DSS website development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The student will:
- Organize the water quality and quantity data collected on Lake Linear watershed
- Develop SWAT/ArcHydro Model for subwatershed based WQ analysis
- Develop automated geospatial model in ModelBuilder to determine env. qual. hotspots
- Develop WebGIS DSS for the project for data dissemination and online WQ management
- Perform quality literature reviews and help in writing manuscripts and Presentations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced geospatial technology skills
- Spatial Model Building expertise
- Knowledge on Landuse Conservation including Soil, Water, and natural resources management along with WebGIS and basic website development skills
- Good report writing skill with ability to conduct peer-reviewed literature reviews
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Enrollment in the Environmental Spatial Analysis program with high-end geospatial skill preferred
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.