Social Content Coordinator/ Strategic Communication Assistant
Requisition Number STA - 201000000544
Job Title Social Content Coordinator/ Strategic Communication Assistant
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of Social Content Coordinator/ Strategic Communication Assistant.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Responsible for providing strategic communications and administrative support to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Marketing & Communications. Duties include day-to-day management of UNT System
social media outlets (including Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, Linkedln and SnapChat) and leading a System-wide brand management initiative to ensure brand and message consistency in all communications. Additional responsibilities include managing departmental schedule, updating web site content, managing events, creating and distributing written communications and collaborating with team members on a wide range of communications projects.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Oversees the consistency of System Administration's message and voice on all social media accounts.
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Analyzes social media and digital tactics to maximize engagement.
- Collaborate with other teams and monitor communications to ensure brand consistency.
- Create compelling social media initiatives to engage customers.
- Works closely with other departments for social media requests.
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content for all our digital distribution channels.
- Provides analytics to leadership and guidance on how to optimize programs.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor questions and comments on social media.
- Oversee social media accounts' design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field and 5+ years experience leading multiple social media outlets in a high-profile setting.
- Expert knowledge of customer engagement via Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, Linkedln and SnapChat.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels.
- Familiarity with web design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Applicant Must Apply at
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Did you Apply at www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60287?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)