Building Environmental Services Technician
Position Number 998847
Position Classification Title Building & Environmental Tech
Functional Title Building Environmental Services Technician
Position Type Staff
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks to ensure smooth operations inside UNCG's parking decks and outside at UNCG's various parking areas. Position is essential, so employee may need to be here during adverse weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keep parking areas clean and orderly, inspecting areas for physical damage/distress and reporting issues to a supervisor.
• Perform general preventative maintenance tasks including but not limited to: removal of salts and other corrosive materials from parking surfaces using best practices, cleaning of drains, and monitoring/ensuring the good order of other water-infiltration prevention systems.
• Monitor the working order of equipment and assist with equipment repair including parking control systems (gates, readers, pay machines, meters, etc.). Includes change-outs and other operational procedures.
• Maintain a safe environment for customers.
• Perform work safely; follows safety work
rules, guidelines and procedures and exercises maximum care and good judgment to prevent injury and accidents from occurring.
• Assist customers with parking needs, including traffic direction and other event assistance.
• Ensure operational continuity during adverse weather, including snow removal and area prep/clean.
• Other duties as assigned.
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; an equivalent combination of training and experience. Special certification may be required for some of these positions. Special note: this is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential functions per ADA. Examples of competencies are typical of the majority of positions, but may not be applicable to all functions.
-Familiarity with UNCG campus - buildings and parking regulations & lot locations/designations.
-Certified for traffic direction per N.C. General Statute 20-114.1©
-Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds
-Ability to multi task and prioritize
-Ability to work extended hours on hard surfaces
-Ability to work independently and safely.
-Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
-Valid driver's license
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $24,725
Org #-Department Parking Services - 57701
Work Hours of Position Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm + as needed on evenings and weekends
Job Family Building Environmental Services
Competency Level Contributing
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Achieves a satisfactory level of technical skill or knowledge in a specific technical area(s) and keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. May be acquired through academic, apprenticeship, or on-the-job training or a combination of these.
Develops and maintains effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork.
Knows mission of the organization, and how own work activities impact clients and the organization. Understands and responds to needs of a variety of clients. Knows the role of clients in the work environment.
Clearly and concisely conveys verbal, non-verbal (sign language, body language, gestures), or written information and ideas to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the message. Listens and responds appropriately to messages from others.
Safety and Health Compliance:
Demonstrates an understanding of and maintains conditions that ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
Open Date 10/09/2017
Close Date 10/20/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have some knowledge of cleaning procedures and the ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * This position requires the employee to work outdoors, are you capable of working in all types of weather conditions?
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu