Business Services Coordinator - Journey
Position Number 002683
Position Classification Title Business Services Coordinator
Functional Title Business Services Coordinator - Journey
Position Type Staff
The Business Services Coordinator is an integral part of the business of office located within the School of Education.
The primary purpose of the Business Service Coordinator is to maintain and reconcile the financial and business records within the School of Education.
- Maintaining and reconciling funds, initiating and coordinating purchasing paperwork for the Dean's Office, including but not limited to purchase orders, PCard transactions and contract management.
- Initiating and managing personnel files and records, track School of Education commitments, prepare reports, and serve as the HR liaison for the SPA staff.
- Utilizing Banner software to approve and process expenditure forms daily and post to account ledger.
- Preparing budget transfers and journal vouchers as required.
- Interpreting, informing and advising School personnel on financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Assisting, monitoring and training departments and offices in the processing and correcting of personnel action/ payroll forms, primarily assisting the Business Officer in tracking funding commitments made by the school.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA Leave
- Longevity Pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 20,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR A RELATED DISCIPLINE; OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
- Seeking candidate with experience within a university system, preferably the UNC system, thorough knowledge of Banner, E-marketplace and PCard reconciliation.
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting, accounting, personnel practices and knowledge of organizational and governance of higher education.
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer application, software and information systems, especially Banner Finance.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and communicate well with others in a team environment and to interpret and apply a wide range of policies and procedures and share this information as needed.
- Ability to problem-solve, develop contingency plans and respond to changing circumstances.
- Ideal candidate much be able to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with an extensive group of university employees, university officials, business contacts and the general public.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $37850 - $42329
Org #-Department Dean's Office, School of Education - 12001
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M, Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Band Business Services Coordinator
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (JOURNEY)
Ability to frequently serve as an internal resource on financial matters with responsibilities including reconciling budget expenditures and, monitoring accounts. May require ability to manage a budget with limited funding sources. May require ability to compile financial data for reporting purposes.
BUSINESS AND RECORDS ADMINISTRATION (JOURNEY)
Ability to manage well-defined business functions for a department unit or an organization. Ability to collect and analyze information and prepare reports. Ability to apply policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedure.
INFORMATION PROCESSING AND DECISION MAKING (JOURNEY)
Ability to identify, recognize, and resolve problems that have established precedents and limited impact. Ability to compile, organize, and analyze financial information and other data. Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents.
Ability to explain and interpret programs, policies, and procedures using standard formats. Ability to advise others in most matters related to program operations. Ability to communicate factual information, general guidelines, and standard procedures.
Open Date 10/06/2017
Close Date 10/17/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu