Network Analyst II, CF4E42052NS
Responsible for supporting administrative and academic computer systems campus wide under the direction from the Manager of Network Services. This includes assisting in the selection, installation, and daily management of systems and applications to provide the highest level of availability and reliability. Has a general knowledge of supporting systems and supporting end users.
Position Title: Network Analyst II, CF4E42052NS
Duties of Position:
- Install, configure and manage various systems supported by Network Services.
- Work independently to solve end user problems in systems supported by Network Services.
- Monitor and manage various systems and equipment including file servers, network backups, and various applications.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve problems affecting system performance and efficiency.
- Train users and assist in preparing training materials for network use.
- Assist the Manager, Network Services in preparing written specifications for hardware, software, and other network related equipment for purchase by all areas of the college.
- Provide assistance to the Manager of Network Services in the evaluation, selection, acquisition, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of network computing resources, to include hardware and software.
- Evaluate vendor proposals for providing maintenance agreements for support of campus networks.
- Monitor and manage application security. Evaluate, recommend, and implement solutions as needed.
- Advise Manager of Network Services on training needs of users.
- Participate in professional activities or seminars to keep abreast of state-of-the-art advances in network systems and operation.
- On call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to resolve problems that affect the usability of systems supported by Network Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Three years experiencing supporting end user applications and hardware in a large environment. General knowledge of networking, Microsoft operating systems, and Microsoft applications. Experience may be substituted for education.
AS or AA degree in Computer Information Systems or other related field.
Experience supporting and managing file backup systems, PC's and Apple products.
BA or BS degree in related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Pleasant office with varied working hours at odd times.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Network Services - NS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt