Network Analyst IV, CF4E41072NS
Primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance, and availability of our Exchange email, Office 365, and email archiving environment. Perform all tasks necessary to ensure messaging and collaboration availability and security, including those involving user accounts, shared folders/calendars, mailing list, archiving and Outlook web access. Also responsible for various system hardware, software, and applications under the direction from the manager of Network Services. Work with other network analysts in Network Services to provide the highest level of systems availability and reliability. Has full technical knowledge of email communications in a Microsoft environment.
Position Title: Network Analyst IV, CF4E41072NS
Duties of Position:
- Recommend and assist the Manager of Network Services in the development of procedures, goals and objectives, and planning related to network services. May assume responsibilities for Network Services in the absence of the Manager.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Exchange server security through secure access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Manage Exchange database(s), antivirus applications, messaging filtering, and error log tracking.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software patches, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Perform message archiving, retrieval, and deletion according to best-practices.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Provide general supervision to Network Analyst I, II, and III within Network Services. May assume any of the functions of these employees.
- Determine feasibility and applicability of systems software products and/or evaluate alternatives and provide installation, maintenance and availability of purchased software/hardware.
- Evaluate, analyze, and coordinate system, software and/or communications software maintenance and enhancement to preserve currency with vendor technology while minimizing impact on system operation.
- Interface with vendors in recovery from hardware and software failures, acquisition of enhancements and solutions to hardware and software needs, and coordination of trial procedures.
- Monitor and manage network security. Evaluate, recommend, and implement solutions as needed.
- Assist staff in physical planning of equipment, and operational procedures of configuration software and hardware.
- Participate in professional activities or seminars to keep abreast of state-of-the-art advances in systems software and services.
- Provide in-depth analysis of proposed or possible changes to operating systems or software from a systems reliability and performance perspective for multiple computing systems.
- Be available by phone at odd hours of the day or night when problems occur.
- Recommend and support the administration, maintenance, backup, and restoration of network servers.
- Assist faculty and staff with computer and network related issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Four years experience managing complex email systems in a large environment. Hands on experience building, implementing, and managing Microsoft Exchange environments. Experience may be substituted for education.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field(s).
Experience managing various Microsoft systems with a working knowledge of Microsoft products such and Active Directory, Sharepoint, Office 365, Outlook, and FIM. Knowledge of various Microsoft applications.
Additional Microsoft certifications or training in Microsoft Exchange, or other Microsoft applications.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Primarily Microsoft servers running in a large VMWare environment.
Pleasant office, Varied working hours at odd times. On call 24 hours/day. Occasional lifting.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Network Services - NS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt