Veterans Resource Center Coordinator - Sylvania Campus
Veterans Resource Center Coordinator - Sylvania Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09167
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 3, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $42,429/yr to $73,568/yr. Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied fo
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
The Veterans Resource Center Specialist is responsible for providing coordination and oversight of activities associated with general or special services at the Sylvania Veterans Resource Center.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1. Coordinates and facilitates activities for the VRC at an assigned campus. Develops and implements marketing strategies for services provided by the Center. Collects and evaluates data on Resource Center usage. Develops and implements changes based on changing student needs.
2. Assists students in removing barriers to their education. Fosters relationships with community and state agencies as well as other college resources. Refers students to available services for further assistance.
3. Identifies current resource materials, both written and computerized, for inclusion in the Center. Purchases materials as needed and ensures materials are current. Ensures computer hardware and software is operable.
4. Hires, trains, and supervises work of student veteran advocate positions and other student/casual employees of Center.
5. Participates in problem solving issues between students, instructors and/or counselors/advisors. Facilitates student transition into the college environment.
6. Designs and facilitates workshops focused on such areas as working with the veteran student populations in a college environment. Leads campus Veterans advisory committee formed of faculty and staff, focused on student retention strategies. Delivers presentations to classes and external stakeholders as requested.
7. May provide case management and academic advising.
8. Initiates and coordinates the development of grant proposals, strategic partnerships, and donations that provide resources in support of the goals of the VRC.
9. Serves as college liaison to community and regional organizations that contribute to the goals of the VRC.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Liberal Arts, Psychology, Social Science, related field or equivalent experience such as that gained by service in the military.
Two years of experience working in a student support environment, and designing and facilitating training for a diverse audience.
Experience working with veteran student populations and understanding of military resources available to Veterans.
Knowledge of community services and resources specific to the veterans population.
Demonstrated experience working with and promoting success for diverse student populations in a post secondary environment.
Demonstrated experience coordinating programs and/or support services for veteran students.
Experience facilitating a mentoring and/or student leadership program and supervising student workers.
Additional Posting Information:
"Veterans Resource Center Coordinator" is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Veterans Resource Center Specialist"
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (2) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.