Biological Scientist I
Biological Scientist IJob Description:
- Perform animal work including general maintenance of animal colony, tail genotyping by PCR, assist PI in communication with UF animal facilities.
- Perform immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry and ELISA.
- Perform paraffin embedding of rodent brain, spinal cord and other tissues.
- Perform basic cell biology experiments, including mammalian tissue culture and primary cell culture.
- Perform basic molecular biology experiments, including cloning.
- Perform calculations and maintain appropriate log books and lab notebooks; Will require use of Excel and GraphPad Prism for data analysis and Adobe Photoshop and Powerpoint for preparing final images, followed by effective communication to lab members.
- Maintain lab equipment and supplies. Clean and perform routine maintenance on lab equipment.
$15.25 - $19.25Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in biology or a closely related life science field.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus at least 1-2 years of experience related to job duties.
- Previous experience handling rodents.
- Previous experience in biochemical and immunohistological analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret guidelines and protocols.
- Proficiency in personal computer software, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with PI and research team.
- Knowledge of basic research safety and EHS/OSHA guidelines.
- A two-year commitment is requested.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes