Disability Case Managers
Who We Are: Reed Group is a dynamic, fast growing organization that works in a niche industry most commonly known as Third Party Administration. We are known for being a leader in managing absences for major companies including Fortune 100 companies. More specifically, instead of employers managing the process when an employee needs to go out on leave for FMLA (the family medical leave act) or for Short Term or Long Term Disability, we handle it for them. As a result we have a large customer operations team of talented individuals who manage our client's employee cases.
We build the software (we have a large group of developers) to manage the entire work flow which is why you could easily think of us as a technology company. We also have a content business called MDGuidelines that contains treatment recommendations for best managing an employee back to work.
Right now we are over 1,900 employees (and growing daily).
The Reed Group Mission: We are about helping people get back to work. Often, this means helping people through difficult times in their lives. We help doctors do their best for their patients and we help employees protect their jobs. Our mission is: We believe there's a better way to help employers increase productivity, improve healthcare quality and help employees back to productive life.
The Short Term Disability Case Manager administers our client's disability benefit programs in addition to the Federal, State and Client Company leave policies. This position ensures compliance and proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws, regulations, and plans, including HIPAA, FMLA, and all individual State Leave Acts, Military, and Company Sponsored Leave Programs. The case manager will use expertise related to the regulatory and legal requirements for employee benefit programs to employers and employees, and perform other functions as required to maintain customer service and performance standards.
- Uses experience and knowledge to manage both disability and leave claims
- Provides total claim management
- Obtains and reviews updated medical evidence for claim decisions
- Reviews guidelines for eligibility
- Composes and sends communications to employers and employees within appropriate time frames
- Delivers excellent customer service with client companies and claimants through written correspondence and by answering inbound calls
- Provides support for all assigned accounts by setting time frames to meet quality assurance and client performance guarantees
- Resolves problems within scope of authority, while bringing others to the attention of their manager
- Provides support to Intake/Customer Service team as needed in the Call Center
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years of customer service experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with claimants clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Knowledge of the Family Medical Leave Act
- Knowledge of MDA Guidelines
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, legal, and subject matter experts)
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to prioritize work continually and produce a significant volume of work efficiently within performance standards
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment with short deadlines
Ability to demonstrate teamwork by dealing effectively with and mentoring other individuals within the organization
Reed Group is a mid-sized (about 450 employees) company that's growing crazy fast. We help large employers (mostly) manage and understand employee absences. We build software, help people cope during big life crises, and web-publish medical information (at disabilityguidelines.com.)
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:11:19 PDT