Construction Project Superintendent
T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc. is looking for Construction Superintendents for work located in Los Angeles. T.B. Penick & Sons is a dynamic company which offers tremendous opportunity for growth! We are looking for construction professionals with experience in private work to include multi-family residential, senior living, hotels, condominiums, and other types of negotiated work.
The Superintendent will supervise all phases of construction from ground breaking through project closeout for the assigned construction project and is responsible for the scheduling, performance, coordination and supervision of all the employees and resources assigned to the project.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong leadership and organizational skills, have a proven track record of prosecuting profitable work while maintaining the highest safety standards, be able to maintain strong field and interoffice relationships, be able to effectively direct the efforts of field and subcontractors to meet deadlines while maintaining the ability to shift priorities rapidly to accommodate various work load changes.
To apply please submit a cover letter and a resume. Interview questions must be completed in order to be considered for this position.
- Supervising all phases of construction.
- Read plans, engineering details, and project spec sheets.
- Plan, prepare and manage schedules and budgets.
- Attend project meetings, provide T&M documentation, employee evaluations, invoice phasing, and 2 week look ahead projections.
- Ability to change priorities from various directives to manage workload changes and impacts, and the ability to multi-task under stress to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with inspectors to insure timely inspections.
- Oversee project quality of crew and subcontractors.
- Optimize job costs through efficient planning and coordination with company resources.
- Represent the company in an appropriate manner to Owners, Architects, Subcontractors and other professionals.
- Maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others while performing assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure that required safety standards are complied with by all project staff and subcontractors
Ideal Candidates Will Have: 5+ years construction experience, ability to provide vision and leadership, detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving, excellent organizational skills, strong proficiency with project scheduling programs, ability to plan and schedule the work of others, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
We offer a competitive compensation package with great salaries, 401k, sick and vacation time, paid holidays, and other benefits. Employer pays 100% of Employee premiums for medical, dental and life insurance. Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance, Fuel Card, Laptop & Cell Phone are also provided.
Local candidates only. Relocation will not be provided.
T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Drug-testing and proof of citizenship or immigration status is a requirement of employment.
T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc. is a renowned award winning general contractor; headquartered in San Diego, performing work in all 50 states as well as on three continents. With 112 years in the business T.B Penick has built a strong reputation of excellence, efficiency, creativity and safety.
Los Angeles, CA
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:43:23 PDT