Administrative Associate II
Performs both standard and more advanced administrative duties normally under general supervision of Deans/Chairs of depts. Typical duties include performing standard secretarial and/or minor administrative duties, in addition to other specific duties as assigned/required that may include supervision of other support staff, student workers or temporary hires.
- Provides customer service to students and the public.
- Financial related responsibilities (Contact person for Business Services and WCHHS Business manage, keep track of department budgets, financial reporting).
- Attend university training sessions regarding finances both required and optional.
- Have the skills necessary to carry out financial duties such as Excel, Quickbooks and PeopleSoft Financials.
- Departmental record keeping (budgets, majors, facility agreements, part/full time faculty contracts, etc).
- Human Resource duties for part and full-time faculty (process overloads, stipends, status change forms, staff teaching requests, etc)
- Process part-time and summer payroll.
- Assist in GRA/GTA hiring paperwork (Maintain job descriptions, hiring paperwork, contracts, payroll, foundation paperwork).
- Maintain all records with textbook publishers (RFPs, contracts, budgets, royalties, editing/review schedules).
- Maintain all records of partnerships (MOUs, contracts, budgets, commitments).
- Manage student assistants (create job descriptions, contact person for FWS department, request FWS students, create SA policy and procedure handbook, schedule hours, hire, terminate and review student assistants).
- Assist the Chair with tasks and special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Required Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of related experience.