Temporary Graduate Admissions and Student Services Asst
The Office of Graduate Studies strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver (DU). The office partners with academic units and University administration on recruitment and retention, fellowships and financial aid, academic assessment and program review to continually improve the quality of graduate education at DU.
We are looking to fill five temporary, non-benefited positions in the Office of Graduate Studies. The job will start as soon as October. The work schedule is flexible from 30-37.5 hours per week and will not exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year. The duties include a broad range of administrative duties for the Office of Graduate Studies with a focus on graduate admissions and student services.
While upholding and following university policies and procedures, the following duties are required for this position:
- Compile admission materials, enter applicant information into the Banner system, examine transcripts, prepare files for program decisions, send correspondence to applicants, generate email messages to prospective students through Banner inquiry communication plans.
- Assist in the management of incoming mail including scanning and indexing. Update applicant checklists accordingly. Respond to a high volume of email messages regarding graduate admission applications.
- Provide support with processing admission decisions, electronic test loads, creating application PDFs, withdrawals, curriculum and term changes.
- Perform graduation checks/reviews for graduating students.
- Collect and process student services forms from students and graduate units.
- Serve as a back-up receptionist, answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, as required, to support the admissions and student services areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Availability to work weekly from November through February, with the exception of university holidays and closures.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office software, including Excel.
- Capable of quickly learning and using new software systems including University Banner records system.
- Capable of exercising discretion and good judgment.
- Capable of performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Good written and verbal English language skills.
- Capable of open, professional, efficient and responsive telephone and email correspondence with various departments and administrative offices on campus.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of one year of administrative or clerical experience.
- Demonstrated experience performing proficient and accurate data entry.
- University admissions and student services experience.
- Experience using a student database system, such as Banner.
- Experience in a paperless office environment or with electronic workflow.
Flexible from 30-37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, October 20, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about the position, please contact Anna Dewey at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.