The Accounts Receivable Manager plays an integral role in the direction, service and compliance of Student & Departmental Account Services at Northern Arizona University. As a departmental leader, the Accounts Receivable Manager provides guidance, support and supervision for a team of 4 or more full time staff. The Manager contributes to the progress and efficiency of the department and helps develop and implement processes and procedures that enhance the student experience while positively impacting accounts receivable and maintaining compliance.
This position reports to the Director of Student & Departmental Account Services.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
STAFF SUPERVISION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for the overall management and oversight of the Accounts Receivable area of Student & Departmental Account Services.
- Responsible for supervision and providing effective direction for professional and support staff.
- Evaluate staff efforts/progress based on clear and comprehensive expectations and timely, ongoing performance feedback.
- Recommends and/or initiates actions involving discipline, promotion, transfer and motivation of employees.
- Initiates measures to improve employee professionalism and communication.
- Responsible for work unit budgeting, personnel activities, customer relations, training and staffing plans.
- Responsible for managing the Perkins and Nursing loan program and accounts receivable.
- Ensures university compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations and requirements.
- Initiates measures to improve customer service, use of technology, and communication.
- Develop, implement and evaluate major programs and/or projects especially to improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for managing and/or communicating a direct response to difficult situations to a variety of customers while maintaining excellent customer service in conjunction with compliance.
- Review, research, and evaluate all aspects of accounts receivable to ensure best practices are being implemented in policies, programs, and procedures designed to meet student needs as well as university initiatives and all regulations.
- Manage and evaluate relationships with outside collection agencies and service providers to ensure effectiveness as well as the best customer service and compliance.
- Communicate area and departmental trends, concerns, and achievements regularly with the Director of Student & Departmental Account Services.
- Develop positive working relationships with other campus departments, agencies, and resources that serve students.
- Contribute to Student & Departmental Account Services vision, mission, and values through participation in planning, department goal setting, and determining priorities and initiatives.
- Participate in University, divisional, and departmental trainings and developmental activities.
- Stay current in higher education and debt collection trends and best practices. Serve as a departmental resource regarding debt collection regulations, Perkins and Nursing loan activities as well as customer service standards.