Director - Graduate Enrollment Management
The Northern Arizona University Graduate College seeks an experienced graduate enrollment management professional to serve a critical role as the marketing and recruitment point person for all graduate programs across the university. Reporting to the Graduate College Dean, this individual will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, research, and planning for all graduate recruitment and enrollment efforts. The Director will interface with graduate program directors and unit leadership to develop successful strategies for marketing and recruitment as well as collaborate with staff in the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs to plan content for communication flows and coordinate scheduling of communication at all stages from request for information, to applicant, to enrolled student. This person will also be responsible for helping to set enrollment targets, tracking progress toward targets, and generating detailed reports relevant to enrollment management. Additional duties include maintaining currency with national best practices, coordinating with the Center for International Education to increase international graduate enrollments, and supervising Graduate College staff and Graduate Assistants involved with enrollment management.
The Director will coordinate with graduate program leadership and the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs (EMSA) to develop a comprehensive graduate enrollment management plan. Specifically, the Director will:
- Meet regularly with program leadership to establish enrollment targets, identify enrollment hurdles, and plan appropriate, discipline specific, enrollment strategies.
- Develop, manage, and assist the Graduate College Dean in collaborating with EMSA regarding content and timing of communication flow. The Director will serve as a primary Graduate College liaison with EMSA and will meet and communicate regularly with EMSA counterparts to ensure that communication flow is properly timed, optimized for various graduate programs, and effective in message delivery.
- Attend graduate statewide, regional, and national recruitment events, coordinating with EMSA as appropriate.
- Advise program leadership regarding program acceptance criteria and internal evaluation processes.
- Stay current in the profession regarding graduate enrollment management strategies and best practices. This may entail participating in relevant professional organizations, attending professional conferences and/or training programs and engaging in other professional networking and development.
The Director will maintain close working relationships with departmental and program leadership across the institution and support programs in efforts to attract sufficient numbers of well-qualified students and increase program enrollments. Specifically, the Director is expected to:
- Develop and deliver robust graduate recruitment training for Department Chairs, Graduate Coordinators, Faculty, and Staff. Promote participation of all program faculty in graduate marketing and recruitment efforts. This effort will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on programs with identified capacity for growth, no program enrollment caps, and new doctoral programs.
- Work with the Center for International Education to best serve international graduate students and grow international enrollments.
- Represent the Graduate College on appropriate university committees and taskforces with relevance to graduate enrollments.
The Director will supervise Graduate College staff and Graduate Assistants with assigned duties under the position’s purview. Specifically, the Director will:
- Play a lead role in organizing and hosting campus visits for prospective graduate students.
- Ensure that Graduate College web and email content related to marketing and recruitment is accurate, current, and designed appropriately.
- Conduct research as appropriate to projects and initiatives within the Graduate College. Provide reports and recommendations to NAU administration regarding graduate enrollment management, as requested.
- Supervise staff / Graduate Assistants in refinement and delivery of undergraduate courses focused on applying to graduate school. Supervise staff / Graduate Assistants in the completion of enrollment management tasks and projects, which include, but are not limited to tracking programs’ efficiencies and streamlining efforts, assisting with report generation, and assisting with recruitment events.
Other duties as assigned by the Graduate College Dean.