IT Security Analyst
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-045
Posting Start Date: 9/28/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $57,870 - $65,171
IT Security Analyst
Overview of position:
This person designs, implements, manages, and monitors information technology security controls that protect confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of the organization's data in accordance with legal, regulatory, and institutional requirements. The Information (IT) Security Analyst is responsible for protecting BCCC's information assets and information technology resources.
The IT Security Analyst assists in the development and maintenance of College IT security policies, practices, and procedures, security awareness program, IT disaster recovery plan, Data privacy procedures, and oversight of industry and governmental IT compliance issues. This role provides services and assistance to facilitate faculty, staff, and student security efforts; ensure compliance with College related policies; confirm compliance with regulations, and policies of federal, state, sponsoring agencies and organizations; and provides for the protection and promotion of personally identifiable information (PII), FERPA, HIPPA, and College intellectual property. The position is responsible for ensuring that users with access to private, sensitive, privileged, and secure data will receive appropriate permission and training.
Employees in this class are responsible for researching and reporting on IT security threat profiles, incident investigations, training employers on best security practices and responses. The IT Security Analyst serves on the Data Standards and Security Committee.
An IT Security Analyst is responsible for:
- Assisting in the coordination and development of BCCC's information security policies, standards, and procedures
- Ensuring College policies support compliance with security guidance from external organizations
- Performing security risk assessments and analysis, communicating results, and establishing action plans to stay in or get to appropriate levels of security
- Maintaining and analyzing all required audit logs for administrative systems
- Conducting application and database level permission activities that include: designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining the ERP's applications and database sanity
- Reviewing security technical literature and attending workshops, seminars, and training classes to remain current on the latest developments in information technology security
- Recommending enhancements to data systems security based upon security best practices
- Participating in security standards planning and documentation
- Assisting DLS and DoIT Information Technology State Auditors in security audits
- Recommending action to the Director of Enterprise Applications or other senior Administrators
- Maintaining and overseeing the configuration, restructure, troubleshooting and capacity analysis of ERP/databases permissions, access logs, changes, updates and upgrade documentation
- Participating as a key member of the Data Standards and Security Committee (identifies personally identifiable information, classes information into public, private and confidential)
- Providing user security training to College employees on the best data security practices
- Performing other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in information Systems, Business, Accounting, or a related field
- Three to five years information systems, financial and/or administrative or compliance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex technical language and specifications
- Experience in contract negotiations and vendor management and cloud application management
- Experience in enterprise resource planning systems and cloud computing environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.