Senior Technical Business Analyst
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-014
Posting Start Date: 2/6/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $68,681 - $77,346
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities: The Senior Technical Business Analyst position supports BCCC's Strategic Goals. The position reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications and may provide supervisory and / or mentoring to employees in IT Customer Consultant roles. The position is responsible for managing the integration of all BCCC systems and third party systems. Responsibilities also include designing, architecting, implementing, and maintaining the College's ERP, Data warehouse infrastructure, automated workflow capabilities, and other third party interfaces. This position develops and recommends technical infrastructure and data best practice standards, procedures, strategies. This person in this position must also keep abreast of technical changes in the higher education technology sub-sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Promotes and maintains a favorable work environment for oneself and others to assist in meeting the overall mission of Baltimore City Community College.
- Acts as a team player and supports the values, mission, and strategic goals of the College
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Provides high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Works collaboratively in a diverse college environment
A Senior Technical Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Consulting with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements;
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert on ERP technical infrastructure based on the best industry practices;
- Providing supervisory and mentoring support to Customer Consultants in the IT department
- Managing and providing resolution to technical support issues of ERP Technical Infrastructure and Security Benchmarks;
- Designing and implementing detailed data models to meet reporting and analytic needs;
- Working with the ERP User community and Project Management Office (PMO) Consultants, and ERP Vendor Implementation Team on applicable projects to ensure successful project outcomes;
- Monitoring performance of programs after implementation;
(This is a summary of the functions of the position and is not all inclusive of the responsibilities)
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in database management systems.
- Five years' experience as a technical lead in the management of large and complex systems serving over 10,000 25,000 individual identities.
- Experience managing software product development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience gathering user requirements and translating those requirement to actionable technology or process changes.
- Ability to fully leverage all technology resources in addressing opportunities for change.
- Supervisory and mentoring experience.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communicator both in writing and orally.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the 2 of following types of ERP technologies (Banner, Colleague, PeopleSoft, SAP, Jenzabar, or other, and on the premise and in the cloud) is strongly desired:
- Experience with scalable web stack technologies (e.g. various web application servers, browsers and web services, frameworks and databases); and/or
- Programming language experience (COBOL, C, C++, Java, PowerShell, Python, VIM, .NET.
- Experience in Windows OS, Linux, UNIX, SQL, TCP/IP, Cloud).
- Experience supporting and promoting change in user procedures, user practices and user processes
- Master's degree in related field
- Working knowledge of ITIL V.3, CISSP certification
- Working knowledge of PMBOK
- Experience working in a project management office
- Exposure to Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Technical Architecture experience in non-distributed and distribute environments
- Experience in Higher Education
- Thorough understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Six to ten years' experience in implementing and managing ERP under UNIX, Linux/Windows
- Understanding of FERPA and HIPAA-regulated environment is strongly desired
- SQL, reporting and analytics experience
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.