About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2016-083
Posting Start Date: 11/30/2016
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $11,367 per 6 month contract
A Contractual Security Guard is responsible for:
1. Guarding buildings, grounds, parking areas on campus
2. Performing watch posts and periodic rounds inside and outside of the college's facilities.
3. Performing key tours and building checks.
4. Maintaining logs for visitors and personnel.
5. Posting flags and related duties.
6. Enforcing agency rules and regulations.
7. Patrolling campuses, reporting suspected crimes, accidents or questionable or suspicious situations and activities.
8. Writing detailed reports.
9. Issuing College ID's and assists with basic office functions operating equipment such as telephones and copiers.
10. Sending and receiving radio communications including serving as a dispatcher as required.
11. Performing parking enforcement and traffic control functions.
12. Answering and resetting fire alarms.
13. Providing occasional driving services.
- High School Diploma
- Security Experience Preferred
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.