Part Time Enrollment Generalist
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-096
Posting Start Date: 9/14/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $15 / hour
Part Time Enrollment Generalist
Overview of position:
The Enrollment Generalist is an entry level blended position responsible for duties and responsibilities within the Records and Registration Office and the Admissions Office for the Enrollment Management Department.
An Enrollment Generalist Duties:
- This position will serve as a main front line representative for the Records and Registration office and Admissions Office (as needed), providing assistance and information to students, staff, and the public regarding admissions, registration, and records services.
- Under the supervision of the Registrar, this position will provide cross-functional services in the area of registration services to include: registration, academic and biographical records, and issues related to enrollment. Assistance to the Admissions Office may consist of advising prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the College. Also providing one-on-one admissions advising to diverse populations, assist with the review and data entry of admissions applications.
- Participates in the input of admissions and registration data into the computerized student information system during registration periods and as needed. Processes admissions applications, add/drops, and withdrawals as necessary.
- Receives and process requests to update student information, verify enrollment, and related functions.
- Assists with student records management.
- Evening and weekend hours are required for this position. Travel to different College sites and locations may be required.
- Provides back up for other office functions in the absence of other office staff
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Registrar
- Associate's degree
- This position requires at least two years of experience in an institution of Higher Education, specifically in records and registration, enrollment management, or related areas
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software applications (specifically Word, Excel, and Access)
- Bachelor's degree
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.