Part Time Enrollment Generalist
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-096
Posting Start Date: 9/14/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $15 / hour
Part Time Enrollment Generalist
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities:
The Enrollment maintains student records in both the Registrar's Office and Admissions areas, assists in registration, and provides information to students, faculty and staff as needed. Job duties include: maintaining student files, processing transcript requests, answering phones, and maintaining student database information.
This is a 30 hour per week contractual position
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Registrar
An Enrollment Generalist Duties:
- Maintain student files, including new, active, inactive files
- Assists with maintenance of student files college wide (Admissions, Continuing Education, Grant programs)
- Process transcript requests
- Process adds/drops
- Update student demographic data
- Process student enrollment verifications
- Assist with commencement
- Evening and weekend hours are required for this position.
- Travel to different College sites and locations may be required
- Provides back up for other office functions in the absence of other office staff
- Associate's degree
- One (1) year of experience in admissions and records maintenance or an equivalent combination of training and qualifying experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the positions.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database management software programs (e.g., MS Office Suite, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, etc.) and the Internet browser, web sites and e-mail. Experience with creating and maintaining confidential records
- Bachelor's degree
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.