Ice Skating Coordinator
Assist in coordinating and implementing recreational, educational and competitive ice skating at the Goggin Ice Center.
Participate in program development and assist in implementing new programs. This is a permanent full time position working 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. The Skating Coordinator reports to the Director of Ice Skating at Goggin Ice Center and works directly with the other members of the Goggin Ice Center Staff.
Teach two or three ice skating classes per semester within the Department of Kinesiology and Health.
- Assist in developing new KNH class offerings and recreational activities in cooperation with the appropriate
University departments; monitor class offerings to insure that desired objectives are satisfied and that the quality of
instruction meets University standards.
- Assist in developing and managing of Ice Skating budget.
- Assist in development of strategic planning with an emphasis on revenue growth, new programs, and risk
- Assist in the planning and participate on site with the management of In House competitions & Annual Spring Ice
Show and ability to be at the rink for extended periods during events.
- Assist in the management of the USA Group Lesson Program. On-ice instruction in each Group Lesson session is
required. Duties include managing databases, coordinating rosters, scheduling coaches and supervising classes.
- Assist in the promoting, planning and supervising of all arena sponsored freestyle sessions.
- Assist in hiring, training, scheduling and supervising the Goggin skating professional staff.
- Assist in coordinating the Summer Figure Skating Schools.
- Assist with the coordination of the Miami Skating Academy needs at Goggin Ice Center.
- Assist with the coordination of the Miami Ice Skating Club Synchro and FS Teams.
- Assist with a variety of tasks associated with Goggin Ice Center’s Skate/Pro Shop operation.
- Conducts daily safety assessments of facilities, vehicles and equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Establish working relationships with individuals, other University departments, agencies, and groups that further
enhance the mission of Goggin Ice Center.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned
Undergraduate degree in related discipline and at least 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful experience in teaching Group and Private Lessons.
- Some background in Synchronized Skating.
- Knowledge of USFS programs, rules, policies and procedures. Some knowledge about the ISI helpful.
- USFS/PSA/ISI Professional memberships
- ISI Gold Judging certification
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.