Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation's finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The role of the Plumber is to work in conjunction with the Maintenance and Utility crews to maintain and repair all equipment and devices relating to plumbing and heating including fixture replacement and repair, small boiler replacement and repair, pipe replacement and repair and soil line maintenance throughout the college campus and college housing. This is primarily a repair and replacement role involving all aspects of plumbing and heating systems. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Valid Driver's license
- Minimum of a High School or GED diploma
- Plumber's License
- 5 to 10 years' experience in an industrial or commercial environment where the primary responsibilities were related to plumbing repair and maintenance.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize workload and adhere to an established work schedule
- Ability to work independently as well as in a supportive and collaborative fashion
- Ability to work within a technical environment that requires additional training as technologies develop
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers to define problems
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair mechanical and operational problems in equipment and machines with a high degree of success
- Ability to maneuver ladders and other odd sized objects in the course of work
- Ability to use tools as outlined under Essential Functions
- Ability to work occasional weekend work
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it's like to be a part of the Swarthmore community!
For more information and to apply, please visit:
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.