Director of Events & Programs
Director of Events & Programs
The Swarthmore College Department of Event Management, under the umbrella of Auxiliary Services, will provide quality service to all our customers seeking the use of campus facilities. This service is extended to both on and off campus customers throughout the year. Through the use of a centralized reservation system the department will supply efficient and effective service(s). We will work with all our customers to make sure that all events are successful and that all are satisfied with their experience at Swarthmore College. This will be accomplished by extending the highest level of customer service possible.
The Director of Events and Programs will operate under the direction of the Executive Director of Auxiliary Services and will be responsible for all event operations and year-round logistical coordination and collaboration of Swarthmore College events. Including all major campus events, public figure speakers, Commencement, Presidential functions, and Board of Managers and other campus events as needed. In addition, they are responsible for other events that are procured by outside clients such as Weddings, Camps and Conferences, and any other related space that is booked and/or rented out by the College. They will oversee the campus schedule and will be the main point of contact and collaborator for all reservations and events that occur on the campus, additionally, will coordinate, plan, and execute the management of summer camps and conferences. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with three to five years' experience in a related field and/or equivalent event management experience.
- Must have experience in preparing budgets, billing, database management, and negotiating.
- Experience with using ERP (Banner, PeopleSoft, and etc…) and reservations systems.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Project management experience in implementing new systems and policies.
- Knowledge of Event Management Reservations systems, Guidebook or similar applications, and Reg-Online or similar applications for reservation and revenue collection.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates and maintains technical knowledge of the job and of related procedures and policies to provide quality support to the department and its constituents.
- Proficient use of technology by using Microsoft Office, email, website development, and other related programs.
- Consistently exhibits a strong customer service philosophy. Cultivates relationships with both internal and external constituents.
- Able to work independently, maintains productivity in both quantity and quality of work, and appropriately plans, organizes, and prioritizes work to maximize the use of department resources.
- Is flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing work environment with frequent interruptions. Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Independently contributes ideas and process improvements, and looks for creative solutions and better ways of doing things, to meet the goals of continuous improvement. Exercises judgment to solve problems where the answer is not apparent.
- Identifies, analyzes, and addresses problems to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes the negative impact on the organization.
- Makes appropriate, timely and effective decisions to support the work of the Event Managements department.
- Must have attention for detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to handle a crisis or high-pressure situation with calmness and equanimity.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of preparing legal contracts.
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/493461/director-of-events-programs
Swarthmore actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.