Requisition Number: STFR004086
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Commissioning Engineer must have demonstrated ability to adapt in a fast paced fluid environment with ever changing priorities and schedules. Must possess the ability to develop contingency plans based on those changing schedules and workloads and project requirements. Supervise personnel, maintain construction and work schedules and coordinate mechanical installations. Based on the Basis Of Design & Owner Project Requirements (BOD & OPR), the Commissioning Engineer will assist with developing Commissioning (Cx) plans, schedules, Pre-functional check (PFC's), Functional Test Procedures (FTP's), NON-Conformance logs. Operate, understand, and utilize a Building Management System (BMS) in troubleshooting mechanical system deficiencies, recommending appropriate repairs and solutions. Other responsibilities include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field, or possess a Commissioning Certification (CxA, CBCP, CCP, BCxA, QCxP, etc.) with 4 - 6 years of experience in the Testing, Adjusting and Balancing field.
• In lieu of a BS Degree, a minimum of 5 - 10 years field experience managing installing, testing mechanical systems will be considered.
• Must be a self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must have a basic knowledge of LEED commissioning requirements, a LEED GA or LEED AP accreditation preferred.
• Must have knowledge of HVAC system design, operations and related controls.
• Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Excellent computer skills with the ability/desire to learn new software programs. Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow through on tasks from inception to closure.
• Ability to identify and implement business strategy and make innovative operational improvements to systems.
• Must be team oriented, possess strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills; both written and verbal.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.