Career & Academic Coach
Career & Academic Coach
Requisition Number: STFR004088
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Silicon Valley
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Northeastern University Professional Advancement Network (PAN) and the College of Professional Studies (CPS) invite applications from qualified individuals to provide graduate and undergraduate students a personalized career and academic coaching experience from the point of admission through graduation and beyond in our Silicon Valley location. Coaches will serve a caseload of students studying locally in (Boston, Charlotte, or Seattle) and online students affiliated with campuses in Boston, Charlotte, Seattle, Silicon Valley, and/or Toronto. Each coach will facilitate the development of customized Career Action Plans for students that incorporate intentional career planning and exploration, experiential learning, and engagement with professional networks and communities. Coaches will engage with students in effective practices for academic and career advising, and design and deliver programs to support the unique needs of students through one-on-one engagement, workshops, webinars, and other forms of outreach to enhance the student experience. Coaches will also maintain up-to-date notes and record keeping of each student meeting including tracking of student academic progress and outcomes. Coaches will connect with students using multiple modalities and in ways tailored to their preferences and convenience for development, communication, professional engagement, and academic success.
Candidates should hold a master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and have a track record of strong academic and professional performance. Experience in a service or leadership role as an academic advisor/counselor/coach or similar capacity preferred. The successful candidate will have a passion for educating and supporting students in a higher education environment, demonstrated sensitivity to their needs, and knowledge of professional development and career advising best practices.
The successful candidate should be/have:
• Experience working with adult learners, international students, and online students;
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability and comfort to handle multiple tasks and projects;
• Student-centered and have a strong sense of responsibility for student success and approaches to student retention and support;
• Strong prioritization, time management, and follow-through skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills; foreign language skills a plus;
• Able to work collaboratively and independently in a rapidly changing and constantly evolving professional environment;
• Initiative to exercise sharp critical thinking skills and sound judgment to problem solve independently within organizational guidelines and policies;
• Innovative and creative in coming up with ideas to improve student services and enhance processes and procedures;
• Flexible in work assignments and work hours to include some evenings and weekends;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite tools products; familiarity with degree audit reporting, CRM platforms, career services applications, and similar systems a plus.
Please note this position is located in Silicon Valley
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.