Software Engineer - Back End
As a Back-end Software Engineer in Quantum's development team you will work together with team members across our business presences to develop applications in an agile environment. You will work extensively with other team members to design and execute applications based on requirements and standards - to ensure flexibility, security, and performance in our applications. The Back-end Software Engineer will coordinate with other engineers and QA team members to ensure that everything functions as expected and designed.
- Collaborate in architecting and developing solutions with our design and development teams - based upon design guidelines and requirements. Produce thorough documentation of these solutions to help support collaboration with other development team members.
- Ensure that solutions are architected for flexibility, performance, and security while meeting the requirements necessary for the application.
- Ensure well commented-code for use for other development team members.
- Help to maintain and ensure consistency and conventions across different projects via code standards and related conventions, including through contributions to related documentation.
- Interface with Front-end engineers and designers to make sure interfaces and back end services work together to create an efficient, secure, and easy to use class leading experience for our customers.
- Coordinate with our QA team members throughout the development lifecycle to ensure developed solutions are easily testable.
- Maintain updated project documentation and task status using online collaboration and project tools.
- Must have legal authorization to work within the United States.
- Experience developing web based applications and services using ASP.NET with experience in both C# and VB.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent background/experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Web / Mobile Application Development, or related fields.
- Experience with databases including Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- May need to travel globally per client and project requirements.
- Previous experience developing enterprise grade applications, web APIs, and services.
- A highly motivated team player who is organized and efficient.
- A passion for new and emerging technologies, keeping up to date with the latest developments, changes, and challenges within the industry.
- Foresight of identifying potential technical issues, and technical creativity to overcome potential obstacles and limitations.
- Mobile development experience with both iOS and Android is a strong plus.
- Experience with other of server side frameworks such as Node.js and other languages including Java, C++, Objective C, Swift, or Python is beneficial.
- Some exposure to front-end frameworks and technologies such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, LESS, and Sass.
- Experience working and interpreting documents and resources such as Functional Requirements, and Design Documents / Guidelines.
- Knowledge in creating highly testable applications with consistent coding conventions.
- Experience in Agile development environments such as Scrum or Kanban for Software.
- Proficiency with source control management tools such as Git and Continuous Integration workflows or tools. Solid commit practices to ensure high quality documentation and traceability - and association with related features / issues.
- Experience developing applications for or supporting manufacturing systems/environments is advantageous.
- Exposure to Windows application design technologies such as WPF, WinForms, Windows Platform, or Windows Mobile is a plus.
- Experience working with customers and teams in international environments.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and (both written and verbal) communication skills.
- An independent self-starter and quick learner able to troubleshoot issues on their own, but will seek help to other team members when needed.
The future of Information Technology is here. With the advancement of mobile devices and smartphones, the days of not easily accessing data are over. Quantum is the company leading the way in high-tech software suites, focused on your business productivity, and bringing it to you with a vision into the future.
An enterprise software development pioneer, established in 1998, Quantum has led the way in high tech software solutions and related services. Headquartered in Waterford, MI USA, with offices around the world, we're always ready for you. Our global presence includes: North America, Europe, Asia, South America and Africa. We will support your locations, 24x7, around the world.
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:49:58 PDT