Senior Systems Analyst
Boston Main Campus
Support and extend the operational objectives of systems used by the office of the Registrar including Banner, Degree Works, uAchieve, CourseLeaf, and others by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats. Implement new functionality for these systems by analyzing requirements, constructing workflows, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications. Improve these systems by following current practices and designing modifications. Complete project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements and work with the rest of the office as well as other offices as part of project teams. Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures. Report on project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions. Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures, and assist in the creation and maintenance of user documentation. Work closely with the technical team to ensure end user processes are as automated and user friendly as possible. Stay abreast of advances in data administration practices and technology and general business developments. Understand and document the uses of degree audit and other student information within the university, and work to enhance the quality and utility of the data contained in these systems. Ensure that student data is available in time to meet standard reporting needs.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably with continuing studies and course work. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of demonstrated proficiency in data analysis documentation and data element naming standards.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Project leadership skills.
• Business process skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels within the technology and functional units.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and activities.
• Demonstrated continued professional growth and development.
• Higher Education and degree audit experience a plus.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.