Assistant Director for Career & Industry Engagement
Assistant Director, Career ServicesJob Description:
- Participate in developing and executing the Career Resource Center’s (CRC) student engagement plan; primarily responsible for conducting outreach and programming to prepare students to take advantage of networking, mentoring, internships, or job search opportunities. Host programing to prepare students for gap year and graduate school preparation. Design and host individual career-planning sessions and workshops. Deliver programs to help students learn about industry and academic career options and advance their professional skill development. Promote UF and its students to generate employment connections.
- Serve as a career specialist within one or more colleges to assist students in preparing to compete for internships, professional employment, and admission into graduate school. Provide individual and group career coaching to assist individual career development needs; topics include career exploration, job search strategies, and resume preparation. Develop selected materials, services or programs (career forums, workshops, networking events) to help students identify the range of career alternatives and job opportunities associated with majors in that academic unit. Plan, implement, and conduct outreach workshops, presentations, and programs to educate and inform students, faculty members, staff members, and administrators about career programs, services, and employability skills.
- Serve as the primary career services liaison for faculty and staff members within one or more colleges for the exchange of information and referrals between respective academic unit and CRC. Attend meetings of academic advisors/faculty members, provide the CRC with current information associated with their respective academic units, and inform the academic units of current CRC services. Create partnerships and expand interactions with business, industry, government, and nonprofit employers to create and increase career-related experiential learning and employment connections for students within a specific college.
- Work with the CRC to support UF students’ career development. Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with campus partners to support career exploration and education for UF candidates. Provide students with career education and outreach to support the mission of the CRC.
- Responsible for tracking, assessing, and evaluating efforts within employer outreach, student success, and connections within the colleges. Provide accurate data collection for student engagement in experiential learning and employment opportunities, e.g., internships, shadowing, co-ops, research, new jobs, and volunteer experiences. Create outcome reports and materials to reflect efforts, connections, and engagement.
- Perform other duties (as assigned by supervisor and/or higher authority) to ensure the success of career services on behalf of UF, its students, and alumni. Assist in delivering other core CRC programs, including (but not limited to) participating in CRC events, programs, career planning, and employer development activities.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in counselor education, career counseling, student personnel, or human resources (HR)
- Two years of experience (minimum) in career development, career counseling, or HR
- Experience working with diverse college student populations
- Knowledge of career services, campus marketing, and outreach strategies
- Skilled in computer applications
- Facilitative skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good presentational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.Health Assessment Required: No